Mass ingest and virtualization of physical tapes to the cloud
Are you maintaining legacy tape infrastructure and feel like there’s no way out?
Do you want to modernize your data archives but feel overwhelmed by their complexity or size?
Are you put off from taking action by expecting it to be labor and time consuming?
Rest assured, this isn’t the case. We hear these doubts all the time. Any big company older than 12 is probably contending with the same problems, somewhere in the backrooms of their business. They put off addressing it for the reasons above, and so their collection unfortunately goes on consuming resources year after year, with hardly any return on investment. So many companies are being slowed down by their unwieldy tape collections and all the headaches they can bring, not realizing that there is a way out and that moving off tapes is cheaper too. A company’s past shouldn’t be just a burden, but for many of these companies that’s what it’s become.
Tape Ark’s solutions integrate that past into your company’s present to help you move forward. In virtualizing your tape collection, we help you go lighter and to operate more efficiently. Our work paves the way for a new status quo where you never have to worry about old tapes again.
Tape Ark virtualizes part or all of your physical tape collection, preserving your legacy backups to a secure, highly redundant, low-cost Virtual Tape Library (VTL) based in the cloud platform of your choice. The end result is a tape, hardware, and software free tape collection available in the cloud at the click of a button. The backup software, tape drives, and tapes themselves exist as virtual copies in the cloud, removing the need for expensive equipment from the company’s backup environments. Even the original appearance of the media is documented and preserved, such that exact replicas of the physical tape collection could be reproduced in the future if desired.
Customers can access the Tape Ark client portal to browse their archive, request restores and delete data that is no longer needed. The SaaS platform is available on multi-year tailored plans and is the perfect solution for companies with long-term data retention requirements, looking to remove some of the overheads associated with managing a physical tape library, using data center space, paying offsite storage fees, and all of the licensing and maintenance forming a part of their current system. It’s the logical move for companies facing these issues.
- Tape Audit – Not sure exactly what tapes you have in your collection, what they contain, or where to begin? No problem. Tape Ark will conduct a thorough Tape Audit including QR coding, photography, RFID chip reading, and analysis prior to ingest.
- Tape Management – We offer ongoing physical tape storage, management, and secure destruction & disposal at every stage of the process should you need it.
- No Upfront Fees – For organizations looking to avoid large capital outlays, we offer tailored plans to suit your business needs.
- Secure & Reliable – Tape Ark leverages extensive security protocols including encryption at rest, air gap, immutability, and encryption during transfer, as we migrate your data to the cloud.
- Hassle-free – Tape Ark connects your existing backup tape application to the virtual tapes, which means no internal retraining or process change required.
- Onsite Services – Tape Ark services are available globally, with mass ingest facilities located in Australia, India, United Kingdom, USA and Canada. Tape Ark also offers mobilization to customer sites for in-house data ingest (subject to connectivity requirements).
- Tape Retrieval – We understand the value of your data archives so we make it a priority that you’re never without access. Plans for mid-project tape restores/retrievals are put in place for you to access your data ahead of project completion if needed.
- Easy to use – The Tape Ark portal is specifically designed to make accessing your data as easy as possible. Our low-latency platform gives you everything you need.
- Convenient – Our service is non-disruptive to your company’s workloads. You won’t need to stop what you’re doing while we set it up.
- Cost-saving – Eliminates the cost of expensive and outdated hardware and software from your company’s system.
- Efficiency – Significantly reduces the time & effort involved in the manual handling of tapes & conducting restore events. What might have taken a few weeks to recover from offsite storage can now be retrieved in a matter of hours.
- Reduced Exposure – Ensures the integrity of important data by removing the risk of tape deterioration and data loss due to faulty hardware.
- Boost Income – Raises your potential revenue opportunities by putting your assets at your full disposal. You can analyze them for valuable insights or commercialize them as you see fit.
- Environmental – Reduces your company’s carbon footprint by transferring your data center usage to our cloud partners’ centers instead, which operate on renewable energy.
- Air Gap – Our platform offers air gap and immutability as part of its suite of security features.
Get in touch here to find out more. We welcome all inquiries and are confident we can help.
Migrate with No Upfront Fees
Ideal for organizations looking to avoid large capital outlays, we offer tailored plans suitable to your business needs.
Pay by the data volume you store, and receive all the benefits of the clouds’ redundancy and rapid access.Learn More
Tape Ark prides itself on its technical capability. Customers feel assured their objectives and unique challenges are well understood – what’s important to them, where they’re headed, and the opportunities that lie ahead.