The oil & gas industry is well accustomed to the fact that data is considered the new oil, and there is no better place to find this than in the trove of data assets resting in offsite storage vaults.
The oil & gas sector has a long history of storing massive volumes of data, such as seismic and well data, reports, contracts, and other exploration and production datasets, in offsite storage facilities. These boxes contain valuable exploration and production data which has significant potential to enable new reservoir discoveries and revenue streams. Understanding your data’s real worth requires a modern approach to the data management mindset and a new way of thinking about seismic data migration over traditional storage methods.
Cloud-enabled technologies drive the industry and help oil & gas companies access the value and utility of their data assets. However, most companies still have a vast majority of their data sitting in offsite vaults, inaccessible to modern tools.
- Are you storing (and paying) for data you no longer need?
- Can this data be monetized, or traded?
- How much money can be saved if you migrate your data to the cloud?
- How easy would it be to identify data you no longer want to keep, or should not have, from data that you do wish to retain without paying the cost of reading it all?
- Is there an efficient and low-cost way to audit the tape media collection to provide confidence in next step decisions?
- What tape media are at risk of data loss due to their age, and how valuable is this data?
- What are the use cases if data was accessible in the cloud – anywhere in the world?
The answers to these questions appear straightforward, but we all know that’s not the case. Tape Ark has designed its solutions to address all these questions and enable the oil and gas industry to regain fast, efficient access to their valuable data assets in the cloud and understand the worth of this data in order to leverage the opportunities that await.
Tape Ark is committed to doing data justice. We have a suite of seismic data migration solutions to preserve and migrate your data to maximize its value for today, tomorrow, and beyond. You can read one of our case studies here.
Oil & Gas Benefits
Data positioned ready for use or trade
Metadata extraction for asset platforms
Tape & Data duplication identification
Data conversion, reformatting, & subsetting
Restore & reformat exploration & geophysical data
Merging of navigation data into SEGD/SEGY
Modern tools to data cataloging & indexing
Online access to data for ordering, viewing, & delivery
Geophysical life cycle data solutions – from acquisition to disposal
Tape Ark prides itself on its technical capability. Customers feel assured their objectives and unique challenges are well understood – what’s important to them, where they’re headed, and the opportunities that lie ahead.