Universities have one of the largest collections of backup tapes in the world. The rules that govern the way student records and research projects are managed are both complex and far reaching. Vast sums of money are wasted each year in this sector on off-site storage of data that the industry must retain, but is inaccessible to them without significant cost and time implications. Tape Ark can help eliminate wasted storage fees and provide rapid access to data in ways previously not feasible.
The types of services that Tape Ark provides the Education and Research services sector include:
- Restore archive tapes
- Reformat legacy tape backups for ingest into newly deployed backup systems
- Restore and import large volumes of tapes to Amazon or Azure
- Prepare large volumes of data for analytics platform ingestion
- Restore and reformat data from one system to another (List of formats here)
- Data segregation for IP requirements, commercialisation of assets, or for legislative requirements