Location: Dallas, US
Reporting to: VP Global Operations
Tape Ark is dedicated to high-quality data migration services, data integrity, future growth, innovation and strategic alliances that align with our business purpose. Tape Ark receives data from many different fields and many different industries, and managing the performance and health of that data through the company’s secure infrastructure and servers is paramount to achieving customer deliverables.
The purpose of the role is to nurture this data, through contributing and/or coordinating at all levels to Tape Ark’s infrastructure, performance, administration, security, management, monitoring and support activities and processes. The role is an integral part of Tape Ark’s growth and stands to develop and evolve further, both locally and overseas.
Tape Ark is seeking an accomplished and responsible individual prepared to sink their teeth into something interesting, and growing with the existing dedicated team. Come and create something unique as we work together to build a factory for data.
Key accountabilities and requirements include:
– General IT system administration involving server setup, troubleshooting, maintenance and infrastructure
– Data center experience (understands power supply/cooling/equipment weight)
– Basic Linux administrative skills (Ubuntu and Centos)
– General network knowledge/familiarity (not necessarily high proficiency with Cisco IOS / Juniper / FS CLI)
– Solid understanding of Windows backup infrastructure and software – Commvault / NetBackup, etc
– General Windows server administration (to the extent of dissecting customer environments so they can be rebuilt with a resident software solution)
– VMWare ESXi experience
– Ability to manage local specialist outsourcing as directed to resolve issues
– Strong troubleshooting/diagnostic ability – work on finding solutions
– Exceptional communication with team, technicians, customers
– Willingness to respond to network and server errors after hours
– Provide some general “helpdesk” IT to staff in conjunction with other technical staff
– Work with the team to ensure necessary documentation exists
– Assist in rolling out PoC environments and, where appropriate, take the lead in running a PoC
– Take a proactive role, and if processes or systems do not exist – help develop/build them in conjunction with relevant team members
– Other duties as required by the organisation
For further information, kindly address all enquiries to email@example.com.