Location: Perth, Australia
In the last 18 months, we have opened two new overseas operations and have landed the largest data migration project ever undertaken on the planet. The data we have liberated since we started our journey includes data for medical and global warming research, sub-sea data for use in shipwreck detection and analysis, along with the world’s most well-known and iconic movies and cartoons.
We have grown exponentially over the last year and are now looking to expand further. Tape Ark is running numerous jobs on several continents and we seek a quality Software Developer who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, at times in a break-fix capacity and other times developing components of our core rapid tape ingest system and other toolsets. We are looking for someone with a multi-disciplinary technical skillset and a proactive, team-orientated approach.
Key accountabilities and requirements include:
– Hands-on break-fix problem solving and enhancements to the current system.
– Reviewing code from other developers in either a code review capacity or to look for and solve minor bugs.
– Maintain a keen eye on production projects and look for ways to assist using your software skills to drive productivity and throughput efficiency.
– Develop one-off toolsets to solve specific problems in a rapid development model with a view to continuous iteration and improvement.
– It is also essential that you maintain best practice code management in code repositories and properly comment and document your source code.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Python developer, with Cloud experience, C#, C++ in Linux or Windows environments experience, good knowledge of database/SQL and the ability to test their own code in a Linux environment. Experience with tape drives and backup software would be highly regarded.
Tape Ark’s partnerships with AWS, Azure and GCP require you to be familiar with cloud environments.
Come and create something unique as we work together to build a factory for data.
For further information, kindly address all enquiries to email@example.com.