Healthcare organisations are one of the most sensitive and data intensive sectors in the world. Unlike other sectors, healthcare organisations must comply with laws and regulations that strictly govern the way in which confidential patient data is used, shared, stored and retained. Hospitals and medical organisations or authorities may be required to legally archive and retain petabytes of data for decades (life of patient) yet keep them always accessible and secure. The Tape Ark solution provides a solution that holistically addresses these issues and provides industry leading flexibility and accessibility.
Moving large volumes of historical and legacy patient data from tape into the cloud not only makes it more accessible, but may open the door for big data opportunities and greater healthcare analytics and research.
The types of services that Tape Ark provides the Healthcare sector include:
- Restore archive tapes
- Reformat legacy tape backups for ingest into newly deployed backup systems
- Restore and import large volumes of tapes to Amazon or Azure
- Prepare large volumes of data for analytics platform ingestion
- Prepare large volumes of data for import into government databases and other proprietary systems
- Restore and reformat data from one system to another (List of formats here)
- Data ownership segregation for jointly collected data
- Restore for freedom of information act queries, court cases, matters of public record and for interagency supply