Healthcare and life sciences organisations are one of the most sensitive and data intensive industry sectors in the world. Research and scientific discovery, along with clinical trials, hospital records and individual patient data generates large volumes of data – petabytes requiring long term, secure storage.
Historically, patient data was maintained and stored in voluminous hard copy files on site. This evolved to the digital era where records and data are stored on tape and disk, both in onsite data centres and offsite storage facilities – often including multiple backup copies on tape in multiple locations. While many organisations are already putting their new data into the cloud, an enormous volume of ageing data still resides on tape which is becoming increasingly difficult and expensive to maintain and access.
The Tape Ark solution provides a solution that holistically addresses these issues and provides industry leading flexibility and accessibility.
Moving large volumes of historical and legacy patient and scientific research data from tape into the cloud not only makes it more accessible and easier to manage, but also opens the door for big data opportunities and greater healthcare analytics and research. It can increase the pace of innovation and discovery – potentially bringing cures or drugs to the market sooner. It offers scalability of resources and the ability to update and optimise data over multiple sites from one central location much more rapidly.
The types of services that Tape Ark provides the Healthcare sector include:
- Restore archive tapes
- Reformat legacy tape backups for ingest into newly deployed backup systems
- Restore and import large volumes of tapes to Amazon or Azure
- Prepare large volumes of data for analytics platform ingestion
- Prepare large volumes of data for import into government databases and other proprietary systems
- Restore and reformat data from one system to another (List of formats here)
- Data ownership segregation for jointly collected data
- Restore for freedom of information act queries, court cases, matters of public record and for interagency supply
Click here for further information on: